Tree Pruning Palo Alto
Why is It Important to Prune Your Trees on a Regular Basis?
Many property owners overlook the importance of pruning the trees growing on their property and surrounding their homes. This is unfortunate when you consider the numerous benefits that pruning provides, especially when you are discussing the safety of your home and the people in it. Dead branches break off and fall all the time thereby damaging buildings and power lines, as well as endangering those individuals who are nearby when this happens.
In these cases, the best course of action is to hire a service for tree pruning, Palo Alto, to ensure everyone’s safety, by removing limbs that are damaged, dead, or diseased. Proper pruning done by a certified arborist helps maintain a tree’s function and health. Plus, the way in which a tree is pruned can change its growth pattern and its shape. However, if a tree is pruned improperly, this can result in permanent damage, and even takes years off the tree’s lifespan.
5 Types of Tree Pruning
It should be obvious that tree pruning is not a one-size-fits-all-operation. And that is why we are your one stop shop for your entire tree pruning, trimming and other related services. The type of pruning that Bay Area Tree Specialists perform oftentimes depends on the needs of the homeowner. For all intents and purposes, there are five (5) different types of pruning that we do including:
- Pruning for beauty – You can increase the beauty and form of your trees with regular pruning and trimming. This enhances the canopy and limb structure, thereby keeping the tree healthier as well. And like we always say at Bay Area Tree Specialists, healthy trees are beautiful trees, and we go that extra mile to ensure it stays that way.
- Pruning for health – Our tree pruning Palo Alto specialists can quickly identify those branches that are broken, damaged, dead, diseased, or weak, and remove them from the tree. Removing live branches or thinning them is also necessary so that there is better air circulation beneath the canopy, and there is more exposure to sunlight.
- Pruning for safety – When trees are situated in close proximity to pedestrian accesses and dwellings, or other structures, they need to be inspected and evaluated for safety reasons. And pruned to reduce the risk of limbs breaking and falling. If pruned improperly by someone who is not a certified and trained arborist, a specialist at tree pruning, in Palo Alto; this can increase the risk of costly damages, due to tree failure.
- Pruning for structure – Proper pruning helps younger trees to develop stronger structures, and take on a more desirable form or shape. A young tree that is properly pruned for structural purposes is going to require considerably less corrective pruning as it ages.
- Pruning for view – Our specialists can skillfully prune your trees in order to provide you with certain vantage point views, such as one of your favorite picture windows or your porch. When done carefully and properly, it enables maintaining a more natural look. Pruning for view, or vista pruning, as it is commonly referred to, provides visual access to lakes, landscapes, and surrounding mountains or valleys.
No matter what your reason is for pruning your trees, this is not a job for a DIY’er and should always be handled by a tree pruning in Palo Alto professional. Bay Area Tree Specialists are available to schedule emergency pruning and removal services, in addition to a regular maintenance packages. You can call us during business hours, and to accommodate your requirements, we are available for scheduling appointments over the weekends.
When Should You Prune Your Trees?
Bay Area Tree Specialists recommends that you always prune your trees, other than for emergency reasons, in the “dormant” season (i.e. late fall or early winter). This is the time of year when a tree is far less susceptible to damage or harm from routine pruning. We would like to help you keep your trees happy and healthy. Not only will it add to the curb appeal, but it will also enhance the value of your home. So why not contact us today and talk to one of our specialists about scheduling an appointment to come out and inspect your trees.